Overlays can be used in two ways.
- If you have a CAD drawing or an architectural drawing of your event area you may want to overlay it on top of your map in order to help you place objects. This way you can have the benefit of both the guidance of your technical drawing AND the exact GPS locations of objects you get from EventMapStudio's underlying GIS system.
- Also, you may have some fancy colorful drawing you want to overlay on top of the map the public sees. You can overlay such graphic maps on top of the EventGoer map. To make the overlay appear on the public map you will have to make sure the Show Overlay on Public Map checkbox in the event definition record is checked. A tool like IcoGrams is a great way to build such overlays.
Note that you can only specify ONE overlay, so if you want to leverage both a CAD drawing and an colorful graphic you will have to alternate them. If you do this, the placement can be reused if you make sure both you graphics files match in size and location.
The three advantages of EventMapStudio over using the actual CAD software itself:
- You do no need any special skills to update your layout, nor do you need to outsource the layout to an expensive CAD contractor.
- You do not need to wait on an outside contractor to make the changes.
- Any last minute changes will be automatically included in the public map eventgoers can access on their phone.