A solid Solid Waste Plan is an important tool towards a sustainable zero-waste event . A good rule of thumb from SWACO, the Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio, is to have recycle, waste, and compost bins grouped together and placed every 30-40 yards. This is not easy to achieve manually. You can use the Spatial Analysis tool in EventMapStudio to efficiently layout your recycle bins.
- Create a recycle map item and place it on your map.
- Add a compost and a waste bin.
- Group & align the three items.
- Open the Event Intelligence palette, go to Spatial Analysis
- Set the radius to 60 feet (20 yards), and select Recycle bins.
- Duplicate the existing group of map items as many times as you need to and place the resulting items in a way that the circles on your map cover the map entirely
- You now have a perfect layout with recycle, waste, and compost bins placed every 120 feet.
Click here to read about more ways to take advantage of the Spatial Analysis tool.